Learn to Sweep (formerly Learn to Row) is a 3-day adult learn-to-row class, designed to teach the basics of rowing in large team boats. Each rower will have one oar. This is the style of rowing described in The Boys in the Boat. Classes are co-ed and for all ages over the age of 21.
2021 Learn to Sweep Options
Rowers are welcome to take more than one session of Learn to Sweep, though instruction restarts with the very basics each month. After one month of LTS, many rowers are ready to move to a Developmental or Masters class.
Learn to Sweep is structured as a three-day course. Since so much information is covered each day, it is important to be able to attend all three sessions. Some leniency can be applied to missing part of the Thursday session.
August 2021 Dates, Times and Cost
Times (attend all three sessions):
- Thursday 5:30 – 7:30 PM (learning on rowing machines, parts of the boat and safety)
- Saturday 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon (on water)
- Sunday 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon (on water)
How to Register
- Create your profile in iCrew – select the “Learn to Row” profile from the registration page.
- In iCrew, go to the club store page and pay your season fees.
Payments are processed by PayPal by default, but we can also accept checks at your lesson.
- Before your first practice, go to “My Documents” in your iCrew account and make sure that your Medical release and Code of Conduct forms are signed.