Masters at an appropriate level who would like structured practices as well as coaching can join our Masters Coached Team. This group encompasses what are traditionally known as Recreational and Competitive rowers. The masters coached team pass allows rowers to:
- Participate in coordinated/coached sessions
- Check out BRC boats to row outside of coordinated/coached sessions for each half-year when not in use by programs provided they:
- pass a Flip Test with an approved coach
- have a current USRowing waiver
- use the Boat Sign Out system to reserve a date/time for any boat you want to take out
- confirm the combined water/air temperature is >100
- Participate in regattas with the team, if they desire (lineups for club boats determined by Head Coach)
- Note: In order to race under BRC’s banner, all athletes need to have a current rowing pass.
Dates, Times and Cost
Spring 2021 Coached Pass
1/1-6/31: Boat use for independent rowing under conditions listed above
3/16-5/29: Coached practices (4 per week)
5/30-8/30: Group rows 2-3x per week (uncoached, days TBD)
Fall 2021 Coached Pass
7/1-12/31: Boat use for independent rowing under conditions listed above
8/31-11/13: Coached practices (4 per week)
Days and times: Coached practices are from 6:30 – 8:30 PM on Tues/Thurs, Friday mornings 8:00 – 10:00 AM, and 7:00 – 9:00 AM on Saturdays
There is also an uncoached group row with practice plan from 8:00 – 10:00 AM on Wednesdays.
Cost: $405 per half-year (Spring and Fall)
How to Register
- Create your profile in iCrew – select the “Masters Rowing” profile from the registration page.
- In iCrew, go to the club store page and pay your season fees.
Payments are processed by PayPal by default, but we can also accept checks at your lesson.
- Before your first practice, go to “My Documents” in your iCrew account and make sure that your Medical release and Code of Conduct forms are signed.
Coached masters passholders are expected to help their teammates as needed by filling in a rotating coxswain seat and participating in equipment care and cleaning days.