Rowing on the Catawba River
For questions about training at BRC, contact us!
The Catawba River is an excellent body of water to row on. It connects Lake Norman to Lake Wylie. While access to Lake Norman from the Catawba is blocked by a dam, Lake Wylie is rowable and immense.
- Mild weather
- Mild water temperature
- Frequent calm water
- Dam-controlled current and water level
- Not a major trade/shipping route, mostly
- leisure/pleasure craft
- 11,000 meters upriver
- 15,000+ meters downriver
- Indoor rowing equipment
- Strength training equipment
- Trailer parking
- Shell/Oar/Launch equipment rentals
- Hotels/Grocery/Restaurants/Shopping/Airport minutes away