Independent Rowing is a good option for qualified masters who want to be able to coordinate their own rowing schedule outside of a structured, coached program. Assessment and approval by the coaching staff is required for participation in this program. All pass holders must:
- pass a flip test
- pass a swim test
- pass a tread water & don a lifejacket test
- know/abide by the river traffic pattern
- be able to solo-carry a boat to/from the water and safely launch/recover without assistance
- carry a life jacket with them in the boat
- follow all water safety requirements
- follow all COVID-19 safety protocols (eg: cleaning equipment)
- use the iCrew Boat Reservation system to note when they’re rowing
2021 Independent Rowing Passes & Fees
If you are interested in this rowing option, please Contact Us.
|January – December Pass||Jan. 1 – Dec 31||$450|
|Private Equipment Storage Fee||Jan. 1 – Dec. 31||$175/boat|
- BRC’s Rowing Equipment: You must use the Boat Reservation system in iCrew to reserve a date/time for all boats you want to take out. Note: coached programs get equipment priority.
- Personal/Private Equipment: To store your equipment at BRC, you must pay an annual Private Storage Fee. Additionally, you must use the Boat Reservation system in iCrew to reserve a date/time when you want to go out and row.
All rowers interested in racing under BRC’s banner must hold an active Independent Rowing pass and active USRowing membership. Independent Rowers who want to compete in regattas under the BRC banner are responsible for:
- registering/paying for their own races and all of their equipment/athlete compliance,
- coordinating with the Coaching Director if they want to be included on the boat regatta trailer (in the instance that BRC is also attending the regatta), and
- coordinating with the Coaching Director if they want to use any BRC equipment. Note: coached programs get equipment/race priority.